Friday, February 8, 2013

2013 Archives Leadership Institute

Just wanted to let folks know that I was recently accepted as a member of the 2013 cohort of the Archives Leadership Institute. Only 25 archivists from across the country are selected each year. Selection is based on leadership skills and potential, ability to influence policy and change within an organization and the archival field, commitment to the archival profession, and career progress and history. As part of ALI, I will attend a week-long Leadership Intensive at Luther College (Decorah, Iowa) in June, conduct a practicum-style leadership project here in SCUA, participate in ongoing discussions, projects, and networking opportunities through a virtual ALI Salon, attend the ALI Practices Workshop at the Society of American Archivists’ Annual Meeting in August, and conduct a thematic group project with other ALI alumni that will address challenges within the archival field.

Once the program begins, I hope to share more about the experience and what I learn here and on the SCUA blog. You can read more about ALI at http://www.luther.edu/archivesleadershipinstitute/.

1 comment: