For the past two years I've been teaching a class in the political science department and this spring I became an official Adjunct Lecturer. Steve C. asked me to post some information about the class and conveniently enough I had already written a short piece on the experience for the Fall 2012 ACRL Law and Political Science Newsletter. If you are interested, the article is on page 4 (or click the hyperlink on the left navigation).
As we start to realign our priorities with the liaison task force's findings, we need to think creatively about how we can rework our traditional roles. The article talks about this more, but working with a class in the political science department has been a great way for me to merge my areas of expertise (library sciences and political science) and to reach out more to my department. It has become a truly embedded relationship (read more in the article!) and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.
Algonquin Legends of New England by Charles Leland
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment