The OTHER “F” Word
Not the most popular topic, I know.
However – while I try to watch my food budget, I am just a newbie compared to the veteran coupon-stackers that are on staff. [I’ve seen you with your coupons & grocery store inserts, planning how you will stack coupons and your shopping route!] There are a few tricks, or sites, up my sleeve that I use which I thought I’d share. If you know of others, please post them!
Our Frugal Journey
http://www.ourfrugaljourney.com/
This blog, maintained by Amy Dunn, who is a former newspaper journalist turned stay-at-home parent who has learned by trial and error how to feed a family of five, run an efficient household, save for three college educations and a comfortable retirement, and still manage to have fun, on a single paycheck. [Whew!]
She often gives the “heads up” for triple coupons at Harris Teeter and mentions other NC-related saving sites.
SavvyDollar.org : North Carolina’s Source for Savings
http://forums.savvydollar.org/
This site is organized into forums where members can post. You do not need to register with the site in order to read the posts. Here is a sampling of the forums: Grocery Store Deals, Drug Store Deals, Big-Box Store Deals, Online Deals, "Baby Stuff" Deals, Miscellaneous deals and coupons for North Carolina, Freebies and Samples – plus others.
And for those who have their own “red cart romance” going on, there are several Target-related sites:
Attention Target Shoppers
http://attentiontargetshoppers.blogspot.com/
Ginger also lists her favorite coupon-related blogs so you can use her blog as a resource.
Slave to Target
http://slavetotarget.blogspot.com/
I promise you, I did not make that up! This blogger has the hots for the bullseye and she is not shy about it. She also lists other Target-related blogs.
I use Google Reader to subscribe to the blogs so I know when there are new posts and if the topic is of interest to me.
As many of you know, I love the yard sale/consignment shop/thrift stores route for when I need stuff. Goodwill created an online shopping site that is structured similar to eBay: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/ . Or just go visit the Goodwill locations near you. Craigslist is a great source for planning your yard sale route.
Iron Man, a.k.a. Nathan, salutes all of you frugalites!
And now, for some words of wisdom from my Dad :
Money is only worth the joy it brings.
If you don’t have a place for it, don’t bring it home!
Happy Hunting –
Carolyn
excellent - love the goodwill site - thanks for frugal inspiration
ReplyDelete